Here my current favorite way to pop popcorn.
After learning about Molly Yeh’s recipe and the combination of mayonnaise dressing coating popcorn I knew I had to make this one just I could see what the texture would be like.
This crunchy salad hails from Minnesota and is mayonnaise-y and full of popcorn.
- microwave or large pot
- Large mixing bowl
- 1 ear popcorn-on-the-cob Substitute 1/3 C. popcorn kernels cooked on the stove top or 1 bag of microwave popcorn.
- 1/2 tsp. cheddar cheese popcorn seasoning
- 1/2 C. mayonnaise
- 1/4 C. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 shallot finely sliced
- 1 C. shredded carrots
- 1 C. sugar snap peas cut into 1" pieces
- 1 C. chopped celery
- celery leaves for garnish
- 1/2 C. baby spinach
- Pop the popcorn, either on the stove or microwave. Instructions for pop-corn-on-the-cob can be found here.
- Add the cheese seasoning to the popcorn. Toss well.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Add all of the vegetables except the celery leaves and spinach.
- Add the popcorn and toss to coat.
- Garnish the salad with the celery leaves and spinach. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!