Popcorn-on-the-cob is a great crunchy snack that not only smells amazing when you pop it, but is perfect for customization. We like melted butter, kosher salt, and nutritional yeast on ours, but there are endless ways to doctor this snack!
For us, one cob is the perfect portion for 4 people. I like that I can season the popcorn to our liking, and that we don’t have to use any oil to pop it.
Better yet, the paper bag you use is biodegradable and there are no harsh chemicals exuded. It’s just all-natural popcorn-y goodness!
Try it, I’m sure you’ll be just as delighted as I am.
- 1 popcorn-on-the-cob
- 2 tbsp melted butter salted or unsalted
- 1/2 t Kosher salt any salt will do
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 brown paper lunch bag
- Place 1 cob in a paper lunch bag.
- Fold the bag over ½” 2 times.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Empty the popcorn from the bag into a large bowl.
- Place the cob (careful, it will be hot) with the unpopped kernels back into the bag, refold, and microwave for 1 minute more.
- Melt 2 T. of butter in the microwave and pour over the popcorn. Add ½ t. of Kosher salt (use less if using table salt) and 1 T. of nutritional yeast. Mix and enjoy.
Let me know in the comments below if you’ve ever had popcorn this way. And if so, what toppings you like on it. I’m eager to know!
Happy popcorn popping!