Melt Away Cornstarch Cookies
These buttery melt-in-your-mouth cookies contain only 3 ingredients, perfect for whipping something sweet in a jiffy.
- 8 tbsp. salted butter softened
- 1/2 C. + 2 tbsp. sweetened condensed milk
- 2¼ C. cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350˚F/ 177˚C.
- In a large bowl, stir together the condensed milk and butter until combined.
- Slowly stir in the cornstarch to the condensed milk and butter mixture. When a dough begins to form use your hands to knead in the remaining cornstarch until it forms a smooth dough. You might not use all of the cornstarch.
- Measure 1½ tsp. of dough and roll into a ball. Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet spaced 1" apart.
- Create a striped pattern by pressing the tines of a fork into the dough balls.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the edges of cookies barely turn golden. The cookies should remain pale.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a rack to finish cooling. Serve with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate.
This recipe was adapted from Olivia’s Cuisine.
Calories: 70kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 1gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 22mgPotassium: 12mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 70IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 10mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!