According to the McMenu which you can find on the Internet Archive, you’re going to need both some Miracle Whip and French dressing among other ingredients to make your sauce. The French dressing will give it some of the signature tanginess and color, while the Miracle Whip will provide some of the sweetness. (If you only have mayo, then by all means go for mayo like I did. You won’t notice the difference.)
Homemade Big Mac Sauce
- 1/4 C. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. French dressing I used Wishbone brand.
- 1 tbsp. sweet relish
- 1/2 tsp. ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. dried minced onion soaked in 1 teaspoon of water
- 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar white or apple cider vinegars will work too
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- pinch salt
- In a small bowl combine the dehydrated onions with 1 teaspoon of water. Allow to rest a few minutes so that the onions can plump up.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients including the soaked onions. Stir until well combine. Add to your burgers.