Just add milk? Yeah, and sugar, and a little butter. 🙂
Easy 4-Ingredient Milk Toast
Ooooh, I think this milk toast might be better than french toast.
- Frying pan non-stick if possible
- 2 slices bread Milk bread is my favorite.
- 2 tbsp. butter, salted room temperature
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. light cream Substitute any milk you like.
- condensed milk optional
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium-low heat.
- Butter both sides of the bread, reserving 1 tsp. of butter.
- Add 1 slice of bread to the pan and sprinkle with sugar. Top with the other slice of buttered bread and press lightly.
- Use a spatula to check for browning and adjust the heat if needed.
- Pour half of the cream on the bread and a splash into the pan. Swirl the pan to soak up the cream.
- Flip the toast once the cream has absorbed into the bread.
- Pour the remaining cream onto the bread and into the pan. Swirl and allow the cream to soak in.
- When the milk toast is golden and all of the cream is absorbed, add the remaining butter and swirl to coat.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces and drizzle with condensed milk (optional). Serve immediately.
This recipe is inspired by lookcatchu.
Calories: 557kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 8gFat: 45gSaturated Fat: 27gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 475mgPotassium: 144mgFiber: 2gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1339IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 118mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!