Elotes-Style Corn Ribs
Here's how to make corn ribs seasoned with cotija cheese, butter, mayo.
- air fryer
- 2 ears corn fresh and in-season
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- pinch Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 tsp. cotija cheese crumbled
- 1 tsp. cilantro (optional) finely chopped
- Remove the husks and silk from the corn.
- Use a sharp knife cut ~1/2" off the stalk end of the corn to create a flat base.
- Stand the corn up vertically and use a sharp knife to cut the cob in half. Do not hold the corn while slicing. Repeat with each half and cut into quarters.
- Whisk all of the marinade ingredients into a large bowl. Add the cut corn and use a brush to coat the corn with the marinade.
- Place the seasoned corn into an air fryer and air fry at 400˚F/204˚C for 10 minutes or until the corn ribs curl and begin to char on the edges.
- Take the ribs out of the air fryer. Use a butter knife to coat each rib with butter and mayonnaise. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Serve warm.
This recipe was inspired by @spicenice on TikTok.
Calories: 296kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 2gFat: 32gSaturated Fat: 16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 284mgPotassium: 44mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 618IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 46mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!