Kevin Pang’s article about making instant ramen luxurious mentioned this dump-everything-into-the-crock-pot-roast recipe which claims to be the best ever. Really? Let’s find out.
Mississippi Pot Roast
Dump all the ingredients into a crock pot and 8 hours later dinner is served.
- slow cooker
- 3 lbs. beef chuck roast
- 1 pkt. au jus gravy mix
- 1 pkt. ranch seasoning
- 8 tbsp. butter unsalted
- 8 oz. pepperoncini peppers half of a 16 oz. jar
- To a 5-7 qt. slow-cooker, add the roast and top with the gravy mix, ranch seasoning, butter, half of the pepper brine and 12 peppers.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until the meat pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta.
- If you wanted to make this in an Instant Pot, use the conversion of 20 minutes (on high-pressure) per pound of meat e.g. three pound roast will take an hour.
Calories: 538kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 29gFat: 46gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 3gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 229mgPotassium: 463mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 370IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 34mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!