This crunchy salad hails from Minnesota and is mayonnaise-y and full of popcorn.
microwave or large pot
Large mixing bowl
- 1 ear popcorn-on-the-cob Substitute 1/3 C. popcorn kernels cooked on the stove top or 1 bag of microwave popcorn.
- 1/2 tsp. cheddar cheese popcorn seasoning
- 1/2 C. mayonnaise
- 1/4 C. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 shallot finely sliced
- 1 C. shredded carrots
- 1 C. sugar snap peas cut into 1" pieces
- 1 C. chopped celery
- celery leaves for garnish
- 1/2 C. baby spinach
Pop the popcorn, either on the stove or microwave. Instructions for pop-corn-on-the-cob can be found here.
Add the cheese seasoning to the popcorn. Toss well.
In a large bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients.
Add all of the vegetables except the celery leaves and spinach.
Add the popcorn and toss to coat.
Garnish the salad with the celery leaves and spinach. Serve immediately.