Chocolate-Dipped and Instant Ramen Ice Cream Bars
Let's see what happens when you combine chocolate dip, instant ramen noodles and ice cream.
- wooden popsicle sticks
- 1 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. refined coconut oil
- 1 pkg. instant ramen noodles crushed
- 1/2 qt. vanilla ice cream
Ice Cream Preparation
- Use a bread knife and with a sawing motion cut the the ice cream carton into 1" slabs. Keeping the ice cream in the carton for this step gives the ice cream more support, making it easier to handle.
- Cut each slab into 2" x 3" rectangles. Insert a popsicle stick into each rectangle and return to the freezer to harden for at least 30 minutes.
Chocolate Hard Shell
- In a microwave-safe bowl combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Microwave at 30 second intervals (approximately 1 minute) until the chocolate begins to soften.
- Stir the chocolate and coconut until the chocolate is completely melted. Set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Take an ice cream pop directly out of the freezer. Hold it by the popsicle stick and dip it into the chocolate shell. Use a spoon to pour chocolate over any exposed ice cream.
- Immediately sprinkle the crushed ramen on to the chocolate. Place on a parchment lined baking pan and return to the freezer or serve immediately.
Calories: 342kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 4gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 53mgPotassium: 286mgFiber: 3gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 264IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 94mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!