5-minute Fried Rice
Fried rice fast and simple and delicious. This is the perfect recipe to use up leftover scraps in your fridge, takes almost no time to prepare and tastes delicious, too.
- 1/4 C. cooked protein (ham, chicken, Spam, etc.) cut into ¼” cubes
- 1 medium carrot cut into ¼” cubes
- 1/4 C. frozen peas
- 3 green onions finely chopped green & whites separated
- 3 eggs + a pinch of salt, beaten
- 3-4 C. cooked rice cold, cooked rice
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. chicken powder You can substitute soy sauce.
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper You can substitute black pepper.
- 1/2 C. frozen peas
- 1/4 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp. vegetable oil for frying High-temperature oil like grapeseed or safflower oils.
Stir-frying the additions
In a skillet, over medium heat add 1 teaspoon of oil.
Add your protein and sauté for 1 minute or until lightly browned.
Add chopped carrots & cook for another minute.
Add the white parts of the green onions.
Stir and transfer to a serving dish.
Scrambling the eggs
In the same pan, add another 1 teaspoon of oil.
Pour in the eggs and cook until scrambled.
Add the eggs to the other ingredients in the serving dish.
Cooking the rice
In the same pan, add 1 teaspoon of oil.
Add the cold rice, using your spatula to press it down so that it makes good contact with the pan.
Let rice cook undisturbed one minute, then stir.
Now add salt, chicken bouillon powder, and white pepper. Mix well.
Cook for an additional minute, then add the other cooked ingredients.
Stir to combine.
Add the frozen peas. Combine and then cook for 30 seconds.
Add the green onion tops.
Finish with sesame oil
Serve hot with Sriracha.
Calories: 398kcalCarbohydrates: 59gProtein: 15gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 771mgPotassium: 336mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 3155IUVitamin C: 20mgCalcium: 63mgIron: 2mg